- Personal Information
“Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information includes your name, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, postal address, driver’s license number, social security number, and passport information. But “personal information” does not necessarily include publicly available information (i.e., information lawfully made available by federal, state, or local government records). a. Personal Information That You Provide To Us. You provide us information when you:
- provide us with your personal information for any reason
- join our mailing or email list
- register for or participate in one of our tournament events, surveys, contests, promotions or sweepstakes
- use casino services, including cash advance, ATM, players? bank, check cashing, credit, or food and beverage services where you provide personal information, including a credit or debit card, bank information or tax identification number
- provide identification which we may scan, copy or record
- provide us information or we record information in order to comply with legal requirements respecting financial transactions
- enter the premises, parking area, or nearby areas and are recorded on video
- visit our website at www.californiagrandcasino.com
- view digital ads
- enable location services when using your phone
- apply for or obtain employment with us
- use our Wi-Fi services
- engage with us on social media
- register under a problem gambling program
- Your Rights
You have the right to: (1) request to know what personal information we keep about you, (2) request that we share that information with you, and (3) opt out or request deletions of personal information not legally required to be maintained, or which we are permitted to retain under applicable law. Section 9 of this policy describes below how to exercise these rights.
- Use of Information
The California Grand Casino may use the information collected by us: (1) to respond to your inquiries or requests for service; (2) for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, providing you with e-mail or notification of future California Grand Casino events and products that may be of interest to you; (3) to process and fulfill registrations, awards or participation in games, gaming activities or promotions; (4) to organize and facilitate events, communications or offers; (5) to process and fulfill transactions; (6) to respond to complaints and other communications; (7) to comply with legal obligations and internal control policies; (8) in connection with a business transaction involving a sale, purchase, reorganization, or transfer to a third party of any of the assets of the California Grand Casino or California Grand Casino website; (9) for hiring and for management of employees; (10) for demographic purposes; and (11) to investigate incidents. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. We also use information from our website use to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our website. We also have video and audio surveillance in and outside our facility in order to comply with law, to provide patron security and to improve our operations. We do not use customer images for commercial use unless we have obtained consent, we have posted notice that at certain times we are filming commercials or recording images for advertising and persons present may be imaged, or unless the use is inadvertent. When we provide personal information to our business partners and other third parties for such purposes, we require them (to the extent feasible) to exercise reasonable care to protect your Personal Information and restrict the use of your Personal Information to the purposes for which it was provided to them.
- The Sharing of Information
We do not sell, rent or share your personal information with other persons or non-affiliated companies. However, we may share your personal information with (a) our third party service providers to provide products or services you have requested, such as third party financial services: (b) to respond to subpoenas, court order, legal process or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; (c) to investigate, prevent or take action regarding, or to keep records regarding prior, possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to any person’s personal safety, or other incidents involving reasonably suspected criminal activity or violations of law or policies, (d) as otherwise required by law or regulation, or (e) to cooperate with law enforcement, insurance companies or regulators in an on-going investigation. Examples of third parties that may receive personal information are: financial service companies that provide ATM or cash advance services, companies that provide merchant services for credit card transactions, companies and persons that assist us in fulfilling our customer due diligence and Title 31 obligations, and our independent auditors. We share demographic information with marketing agencies and digital companies but without customer names, phone numbers, email addresses or residential house numbers or street names, although some companies like Google may be able to match such data to an IP address. You should know that where it is possible to do so, third parties may link available information to your Personal Information.
- Underage Persons
Persons under the age of 21 are not permitted in our establishment. If you are under the age of 21, we ask that you do not provide any Personal Information to us or follow us on social media.
- Responsible Gaming
We encourage our customers to “Play Responsibly.” While most individuals gamble for entertainment purposes, some individuals may develop a gambling problem. California Grand Casino offers a voluntary Self-Restriction program with materials available in our Casino. Individuals who sign up for this program and identify a means of contact (such as an email address) may not receive any direct marketing materials or information about products or services during their self-exclusion period. We also participate in the state-wide self-exclusion program. More information can be found in our Casino, by calling 1-800-Gambler, or at the Office of Problem Gambling website: http://problemgambling.ca.gov/ccpgwebsite/default.aspx
- Data Security
California Grand Casino has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties including ?hackers? from illegally obtaining this information.
- Exercising Your Rights. California Residents
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. a. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
b. Deletion Request Rights You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code ? 1546?seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information?s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research?s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
c. Opt-out You may request that California Grand Casino not collect your personal information by opting out. Opting-out will not prevent your Personal Information from being used for purposes specified in Section 4, including where legally required. Opting-out also may not protect you for future data collection if you continue to visit our website, casino or continue to use our services. d. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights A customer can submit a (1) request to know what personal information we keep about you, (2) request that we share the information with your that we have gathered, and/or (3) request to opt out of or for the deletion of personal information by:
- Calling this toll free number: 855-556-8813
- By submitting the form (Information Request Form) online, or in person at the casino cage, or
All requests must contain the following information:
- Your full and complete legal name, and any alias or other names or nicknames you use:
- Your contact information, including mailing address, email and phone. We need your email to speed up communications between us in processing your request, and because some records we maintain may be searchable by or contain only an email address.
- A description of the services you used and personal information you provided us with the circumstances, approximate dates and times. For example, did you use cash advances or check cashing? If you used your credit card, what are the dates of use from your statement?
e. Verifying Consumer Request We also will need to verify your identity before releasing any personal information about you. (1) If you live within 75 miles of our location, you must come to the casino in person with legal identification, such as a valid and unexpired government-issued photo identification document (e.g. driver?s license or passport). (2) If you live further away (or if you live within 75 miles but your individual circumstances warrant an alternative method), we will require that you mail us proof of identity in the form we require after which we will briefly conference with you on skype, facetime or using a similar tool to visually verify your identity. f. Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to confirm receipt of your request within 10 days of receiving the request and may take up to 45 days from the initial request to respond. We can add 45 days to our response time only if there is good cause to do so, such as the customer not supplying us with adequate information to use to verify identity and locate personal information. The information we will provide is through the date the request is received. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
- Other California Privacy Rights
- Revisions to This Policy
California Grand Casino reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy at any time and in any manner. Any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted on our website. (Click here for a printable of fillable Information Request Form) Last revised February 3, 2021.